This is the home page for the course "Simulation Project" in the summer term 2019. General information on this course can be found here.
Prerequisite for participating in SimProj is successfully passing the course Introduction to Simulation, or an equivalent.
- N E W Lecture Timing is Monday 15-17 in G29-K058
- If you are interested in participating in Simulation Project 2019 you MUST attend the last lecture of ItS in the Winter term on January 25th, 11:00-13:00 in G29-307.
It will be used for forming the teams and signup.
Information on the Current Semester
- Module Description (pdf)
- Previous Simulation Project Tasks (in German)
- Evaluation Results: 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006
- Evaluation sheet for milestone presentations
- Some hints on team goals und performance criteria
- Template for project cost and project progress diagrams for milestone presentations (xls)
- Soft Skill Lecture on Project Management
- Milestone 1 - Team
- Milestone 2 - Project Plan
- Milestone 3 - Conceptual Model
- Milestone 4 - Data Analysis
- Milestone 5 - Simulation Program
- Milestone 6 - Validation
- Milestone 7 - Experiments
- Milestone 8 - Final Report
Forming the Teams
In the team formation phase, the team roles will be assigned by the teams themselves, not be the teaching staff. It is important that team leader be elected / chosen in aggreement with the whole team.
Every represents an area of responsibility, not a work assignment! The Input Data Analyst is responsible for making sure that his team collects and analyses the correct data. That does not imply that he has to do the work himself or even alone, which is not even possible in this case. Analogously is the Chief Software Architect responsible for his teams simulation program - not that he has to program it by himself. (He might not even write a single line of code.!)