Startup Engineering III: From Idea to Business
This is the home page for the course "Startup Engineering III" in the summer term 2019. General information on this course can be found here.
Application and Enrollment:
Application for the summer term 2019 is possible via LSF from March 1st to March 31th, 2019.
- During the summer term 2019, a total of 5 teams can attend this course.
- During the first lecture, students will be forming teams.
- It is even better to already apply as a two- or three-person team.
- If there are more registrations than places, the order of the registrations will decide on the allocation of places.
- Module Description (PDF)
- Classification with the Curriculum: MSc CV / MSc INF / MSc INGINF / MSc WIF: Schlüssel- und Methodenkompetenz.
- Classroom language: German.
- For news and information about upcoming start-up relevant events, please join our Facebook group: Startup Engineering.
Preliminary semester plan for the summer term 2019:
- Day: Wednesday
- Time: 15:00 - 17:00
- Location: G29-335
- Day: Tuesday
- Time: 09:00 - 11:00
- Location: G29-335
Within the course, the following dates are planned (L: Lecture; E: Exercise and P: Presentation):
09:00 - 11:00
15:00 - 17:00
|01 (KW14)||02.04.||03.04.||L-01: Introduction / The Lean Startup|
|02 (KW15)||09.04.||E-01: Startup Idea||10.04.||E-02: Startup Idea|
|03 (KW16)||16.04.||E-03: Coaching||17.04.||L-02: Plausibility Check|
|04 (KW17)||23.04.||E-04: Coaching||24.04.||L-03: Customer Interview|
|05 (KW18)||30.04.||E-05: Coaching||01.05.||Tag der Arbeit|
|06 (KW19)||07.05.||E-06: Coaching||08.05.||L-04: Potential|
|07 (KW20)||14.05.||E-07: Coaching||15.05.||L-05: Experimental Design|
|08 (KW21)||21.05.||E-08: Coaching||22.05.|
|09 (KW22)||28.05.||E-09: Coaching||29.05.|
|10 (KW23)||04.06.||E-10: Coaching||05.06.||L-06: Advanced Tools|
|11 (KW24)||11.06.||E-11: Coaching||12.06.||Field trip to Founders Foundation|
|12 (KW25)||18.06.||E-12: Coaching||19.06.|
|13 (KW26)||25.06.||E-13: Coaching||26.06.|
|14 (KW27)||02.07.||Consultations||03.07.||P-01: Accelerator Pitch|
The type of exam for this course will be a "Term Paper" (Hausarbeit), which includes oral presentations. The exam (6 CP) will consist of the following parts:
- Presentation: As part of the exam, each student needs to hold a presentation to present the results of their homework during the Exercises.
- Accelerator Pitch: As part of the exam, each team needs to apply for a fictitious accelerator. As part of this application the team needs to hold a 30 min. presentation during a fictitious pitch event.
- Accelerator Pitch Report: As part of the exam, each student needs to make a report about the accelerator pitch day. (can be in either English or German)
The grading of the course consists of two parts:
Individual Part: Accelerator Pitch Report
As part of the exam, each student needs to make a report about the accelerator pitch day. The report should contain a decision on which fictitious startups should be admitted to the accelerator. You should send this report until 31.7.2019 to Jana.
The detailed argumentation for the decisions will be graded.
Group Part: Application for an Accelerator
As part of the exam, each team needs to apply for a fictitious accelerator. As part of this application the team needs to hold a presentation during a fictitious pitch event. Each team will present and discuss the current state of this application during the weekly meetings with the coach. The weekly iterations as well as the final version of the application (as a report and a presentation) will be graded. Please, bring a list of customer interview questions to the presentation (see Customer Interview Report).
Pitch Deck Template
- Pitch Deck Template (pdf)
Pitch Report Template
- Pitch Report Template (pdf)
Customer Interview Report
- Customer Interview Report (pdf)